- A new selection of a dozen of the best Sherlock Holmes stories, which sees Holmes at work from the beginning to the end of his career, together with a lively introduction and additional background material.
- This selection covers the full range of Holmes stories, including country house mysteries, city mysteries, and political tales, as well as the book-length The Sign of the Four.
- Introduction by Barry McCrea examines the reasons for the stories' enduring popularity, the 'science of deduction', the late Victorian and Edwardian context, and Holmes's rich afterlife on stage, page, and screen.
- Chronology and Explanatory Notes provide further historical context.
- Up-to-date Bibliography.
- Texts taken from the Oxford Sherlock Holmes collections.
- The only anthology of stories from across the Sherlock Holmes series, and the only edition with attractive additional features, including introduction and notes.
Net weight: 0.278kg